TBT: Random Cherished Memories


Before I went to my first youth dance as a teenager, my dad taught me how to dance in our living room. It would have been around 1979/1980 and I was about 13/14.

What kind of dancing would he have taught me, you ask? Well, the Jitterbug of course!

Now, I'm sure that there weren't many teenage boys at that dance who knew how to jitterbug. But, those lessons gave me the basic techniques for couples dancing and some years down the road when I discovered country swing dancing, it came naturally to me. But more than that, those lessons served to remind me of my dad's love.

This tender memory popped into my mind the other day and caused a teary smile as I thought back to that sweet experience and Daddy's excitement and enthusiasm to teach me something he enjoyed.


With my Dad on my wedding day.

My dad has been gone for 13 years. I miss him every day. I cherish my memories of him. I would love one more dance.

Comments