Snickerdoodle Blondies

Printable Recipe


2 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla

Cinnamon topping:
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
Combine the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients. Spread into a greased 9x13 dish. The batter will be thick almost like a cookie mixture. Combine the cinnamon topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when pressed. Once it cools, it will harden more.

Holly's Note:
This recipe comes from A Year With Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes, and Ideas to Bring Families Together.  I wanted to fix a non-chocolate dessert for a family dinner (my husband is allergic to chocolate).  This came together easily, with ingredients I had on hand.  The base bar mixture is very similar in taste and texture to my Toffee Bar recipe.

While it is lacking the distinct tartness that comes with true Snickerdoodles, this was nevertheless a hit with my family.  My mom and sister both requested the recipe and the kids couldn't get enough. It's pretty rich and goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Comments

  1. Easy to make and delicious! My 5 years old nephew love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment