Stuffing in a Crockpot


Basically, put your prepared stuffing in your crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Take the top off for the last 30 minutes to let it get a little crusty.

I am a stuffing traditionalist.  I don't like it stuffed inside the turkey.  I like it cooked in a pan.  Stove-Top is not real stuffing.  I like traditional stuffing with bread cubes, butter, celery, onions, sage and poultry seasoning.  I don't add apples or sausage or cornbread. I know it's called "dressing" if it's not cooked inside the bird, but I have always called it stuffing and I will continue to do so!

I also prepare my stuffing the night before and let it sit covered overnight in the fridge, if there is room, or covered in my cold garage if there's not.

Cooking the stuffing in a crockpot is awesome and it frees up the oven that is too small anyway!  I've prepared my stuffing this way for the last 4 years and I can't see myself doing it any differently unless I get blessed with more than one oven in my kitchen at some future point!


This post was shared at Fall into the Holidays, Happy Holidays Link Party, Weekend PotluckBeautifully CreativeFarmgirl FridayFridays Five, Pin Me Link Party, No Rules Blog PartyWhat to do Weekends,Food on Friday

Comments