Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples

Printable Recipe


1 T olive oil
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I prefer Granny Smith)
1 t. dried thyme
4 boneless pork chops (about 5 oz each)

Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onions and saute them for several minutes to soften.  Add the apples and thyme and cook until golden and soft, probably about 5-8 more minutes.  Remove the onion/apple mixture from pan and set aside.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill. Top with the sauteed onions and apples mixture and serve. It's great with Rice Pilaf as a side.

Serves 4

The leftovers are delicious on top of a salad.

Holly's Note:
Forgive the photo.  It tastes much better than it looks! 

I was not familiar with Robin Miller before I reviewed her book.  But, as we are trying to eat healthier at our house, it sounded like a terrific book, and so far it is.

This was a delicious meal.  It earned serious raves from my husband and a place in our dinner rotation.  I have modified the recipe to suit my tastes better, and I cooked things longer than the recipe recommended, but you can find the original in her book, Robin Takes 5, available here.  You can see my book review here.


Comments