Sour Cream Pound Cake

Printable Recipe
Serves ~18-24


6 eggs (I use 7 eggs)
1/2 lb butter, softened
3 c. white sugar
1 c. sour cream
1/4 t. baking soda
3 c. cake flour

Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, until light and fluffy. Mix soda into flour. Alternate adding the flour and sour cream: 1 cup of flour, 1/3 cup sour cream, until all blended. Fold in egg whites.

Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 300 for about 1 1/2 hour (90 minutes). (Your oven might be different.) Let rest in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool. Dust with powdered sugar. Slice and serve with fresh strawberries and cream.

Holly's Note:
At our higher Idaho altitude, I use 7 eggs, instead of 6. In my oven I also bake it at 325.

Comments

  1. That looks so good! I don't have a bundt cake pan though...can I use another type of pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun exploring your blog today! Everything looks delicious! I especially liked this recipe because you included a high altitude change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, thanks for joining in the cake extravanganza. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment