BBQ Pork Chops

Printable Recipe
Serves 4


4 pork chops (I use bone-in)
1 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. pepper
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 t. hickory-flavored liquid smoke

In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, pepper, ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke. Pour some sauce into the bottom of your crock pot. Place the pork chops in the crock pot and cover with the remaining sauce.

Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with baked potatoes.

Holly's Note:
I went searching for a BBQ pork chop recipe and found several variations of this recipe. I didn't brown the chops in oil first, nor did I add extra salt. The chops were fall-off-the-bone tender. The sauce is really good and not too strong. It would be very easy to spice it up to your own tastes though. The liquid smoke is essential, do not omit it! I think this would be a good, versatile BBQ sauce for beef or chicken too. The sauce is awesome on baked potatoes.

Comments

  1. These chops look GREAT! My kids love pork chops and I will have to try these very soon. I got honored with getting my first blog award and would enjoy passing it along to you. Please visit my blog to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great recipe! I found your blog through LDSneighborhoodnews.com
    I have saved you as a favorite. I made the dish last night and oh so good. Thanks for sharing. Heidi
    Milwaukie, OR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have any liquid smoke....I hope it will be ok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment