Western Burgers (Sloppy Joes)

Printable Recipe


2 lbs ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
½ cup tomato juice
1 ½ T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. brown sugar
1 ½ T. vinegar
2 T. liquid smoke
1 T. chili powder
1 large can of chili

Brown the ground beef and onion together. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for several hours. I cook it all together and then dump it in my crockpot so it simmers until we're ready to eat. However long that is...

Serve over hamburger buns. My husband eats it like chili, with some tortilla or corn chips.




Comments

  1. I have made this recipe twice now and it is by far the best sloppy joes we have had. My kids love them! Very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still my absolute favorite sloppy joe recipe. I wore out my last printed copy of it so I'm back to copy it again. I think of you every time I make them. :) Thanks for sharing all your great recipes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment